TWC Leaf

Wine Tour India - A unique Blend of Hospitality & Knowledge

Updates From Facebook

Wine News
winenews_previous winenews_next

China Accused of Selling Contaminated Wine

28 - dec - 10

China could be the next big destination for the wine world but it has already got a blotch on its reputation. Six people were detained while several wineries shut down and bottles pulled from shelves in China after authorities found wine containing several chemical additives.

According to AFP report, the incident happened in Changli County, in the central province of Hebei, the area known as ‘China’s Bordeaux’. An expose broadcast by state television showed that wineries were contaminating their beverages with sugar water, colouring agents and artificial flavours and then falsely putting famous brand names in he bottles.

"We are highly concerned about this behaviour. To ensure safety measures, we have already started to remove the suspected wines from the shelves," said Zhang Tao, a spokesman for Beijing area Wal-Mart stores.

The Xinhua news agency reported that provincial authorities had shut down nearly 30 wineries and corporate accounts with funds totaling 427,000 dollars have been frozen. More than 5,000 boxes of wine have been seized, the reports said, though it was not immediately clear how much of the adulterated wine was already on store shelves. Changli County produces one third of China's homegrown wine, state media said.

The reports come as China gears up for New Year and Lunar New Year celebrations - a ime when sale of alcohol traditionally increase.

The Chinese government has come under severe pressure from its citizens as well as foreign countries to improve the standard of its food and medicines.

Alexander William

Killed my laptop with a glass of wine last night. RIP little buddy :(

Wed Oct 07 19:29:10 2015
camEEla cabeYo

me: drinks chocolate milk in a wine cup me: WOW i LOVE living BY MYSELF!!!!!!!!! SUCH ADULT I AM!!!!!!!)

Tue Oct 06 20:01:21 2015

Join me in Napa, CA @LiveInVineyard for an all expenses paid weekend of music, food & wine! Enter to win at

Thu Oct 08 16:10:53 2015
imposing auctions

A1233 CAMERON BLAKE 112630 WINE 535 SZ 10 DRESS GOWN $460

Thu Oct 08 20:06:25 2015

Getting carried away drinking wine like it's Friday night and I'm up at 6 ‚úč

Thu Oct 08 20:06:22 2015

Spent the day in NYC checking out event space for the BD Christmas party. And drinking wine.

Thu Oct 08 20:06:22 2015
Courtney Johnson

RT @AdamDiMarc0: if a glass of wine a day is good for you, a bottle of wine is great for you?? right??

Thu Oct 08 20:06:21 2015

@ShakeyStephens @gavinbarber @robertclinsdell I always serve my mulled wine with a puff pastry lid.

Thu Oct 08 20:06:21 2015

RT @awkwardgoogle: Wine n Dine on the beach in a different way!

Thu Oct 08 20:06:19 2015

@katynotie #yoga with wine? #ps. I think the urge to rhyme a poem always is a condition! I try to... Sighs gives up

Thu Oct 08 20:06:18 2015

Live Updates from Twitter

User Comments
Lakhsmi - I am having an Ah monemt just looking at the picture of coffee.It looks so real. I think I'll go and grab a real cup of coffee. Two of my favorites Peacock and Payal looks great. [url=]datofmtijjn[/url] [link=]mspigpggx[/link]
Hi Cindy, Brian and the team;We are following your trip with enjymoent and pride. You all look great and you are doing a wonderful job of getting the word out about ALS. It is lovely to keep in touch this way. Take care and lots of love, Jean & Dad
A wedding is such a big ctbleraeion your completely right about that! Its like a formal party that has something more than a simple cake! Its bigger than that and I feel it is important for a lot of people to enjoy their wedding and enjoy themselves. That would be horrible if your running around your wedding and not enjoying it. That time goes fast make sure it lasts! [url=]msejsz[/url] [link=]uhyvvx[/link]
Wonderful story, reckoned we could cbiomne a number of unrelated data, nevertheless seriously worth taking a search, whoa did one particular find out about Mid East has got much more problerms at the same time
Designed & Developed by