TWC Leaf

Wine Tour India - A unique Blend of Hospitality & Knowledge

Updates From Facebook

Wine News
winenews_previous winenews_next

China Accused of Selling Contaminated Wine

28 - dec - 10

China could be the next big destination for the wine world but it has already got a blotch on its reputation. Six people were detained while several wineries shut down and bottles pulled from shelves in China after authorities found wine containing several chemical additives.

According to AFP report, the incident happened in Changli County, in the central province of Hebei, the area known as ‘China’s Bordeaux’. An expose broadcast by state television showed that wineries were contaminating their beverages with sugar water, colouring agents and artificial flavours and then falsely putting famous brand names in he bottles.

"We are highly concerned about this behaviour. To ensure safety measures, we have already started to remove the suspected wines from the shelves," said Zhang Tao, a spokesman for Beijing area Wal-Mart stores.

The Xinhua news agency reported that provincial authorities had shut down nearly 30 wineries and corporate accounts with funds totaling 427,000 dollars have been frozen. More than 5,000 boxes of wine have been seized, the reports said, though it was not immediately clear how much of the adulterated wine was already on store shelves. Changli County produces one third of China's homegrown wine, state media said.

The reports come as China gears up for New Year and Lunar New Year celebrations - a ime when sale of alcohol traditionally increase.

The Chinese government has come under severe pressure from its citizens as well as foreign countries to improve the standard of its food and medicines.

cory michael smith

i'll get the wine, @robinlordtaylor #gotham

Tue Oct 25 00:33:19 2016
lol ok erin

if you really have style you can walk out of forever 21 in a fire fit. to me style is the ability to turn water into wine.

Tue Oct 25 02:24:25 2016
Nasty Womanda

I think Debbie deserves a hell yeah.

Mon Oct 24 22:19:45 2016
The Mt. Kenya Times

Early investors score big time with #Rwandan banana wine via @MadeItInAfrica

Wed Oct 26 07:30:29 2016
Kaine Blake

On Wine Time Live on Facebook Check it out. Celebrity guests on the show 😁😁

Wed Oct 26 07:30:28 2016
Elie Saliba

Check out this Wine. I'm giving it 3.5 of 5 stars with the @Vivino app:

Wed Oct 26 07:30:28 2016
subaru mom

RT @QwertyJones3: JESUS: I turned water into wine MOSES: I parted the Red Sea MOTHER TERESA: I healed the sick THIS GUY: I gotcha all be…

Wed Oct 26 07:30:26 2016
Tshepo M

RT @TweepFlow: •Buy red wine and pizza •Bring them to me •Leave #RequirementsToDateMe

Wed Oct 26 07:30:24 2016

Kiwi wine among the most affordable

Wed Oct 26 07:30:20 2016
Gastronomy Network

Science Shows Cheese Can Make Wine Taste Better via @IFT @EurekAlertAAAS

Wed Oct 26 07:30:19 2016

Live Updates from Twitter

User Comments
Lakhsmi - I am having an Ah monemt just looking at the picture of coffee.It looks so real. I think I'll go and grab a real cup of coffee. Two of my favorites Peacock and Payal looks great. [url=]datofmtijjn[/url] [link=]mspigpggx[/link]
Hi Cindy, Brian and the team;We are following your trip with enjymoent and pride. You all look great and you are doing a wonderful job of getting the word out about ALS. It is lovely to keep in touch this way. Take care and lots of love, Jean & Dad
A wedding is such a big ctbleraeion your completely right about that! Its like a formal party that has something more than a simple cake! Its bigger than that and I feel it is important for a lot of people to enjoy their wedding and enjoy themselves. That would be horrible if your running around your wedding and not enjoying it. That time goes fast make sure it lasts! [url=]msejsz[/url] [link=]uhyvvx[/link]
Wonderful story, reckoned we could cbiomne a number of unrelated data, nevertheless seriously worth taking a search, whoa did one particular find out about Mid East has got much more problerms at the same time
Designed & Developed by