TWC Leaf

Wine Tour India - A unique Blend of Hospitality & Knowledge

Updates From Facebook

Wine News
winenews_previous winenews_next

Constellation Sells its Wine Businesses

28 - dec - 10

A selling spree is taking the wine world by storm it seems. Constellation Brands has sold its wine businesses in Australia, the UK and South Africa to a private equity company in a deal worth A$290m.

According to a report, Sydney-based CHAMP Private Equity will buy 80% of Constellation Wines Australia and Europe (CWAE) for A$230m under the terms of the deal, including high-profile brands like Hardys and Kumala.

The price of the acquisition is in stark contrast to the A$1.9bn Constellation paid for the BRL Hardy wine business in 2003.

“The CWAE business sells quality wines from the important Australian appellation and has significant scale, but continues to be faced with challenging market conditions,” said Rob Sands, president and CEO of Constellation Brands.

“Therefore, the business is no longer consistent with Constellation’s strategy. We believe CHAMP has the requisite skills and motivation necessary for accelerating the success of the CWAE group.”

CHAMP managing director John Haddock said the company was “committed to supporting management in building a competitive and profitable business in the Australian and UK markets, and will invest to grow the business”.

(512): I may or may not be sitting in a bubble bath drinking wine, watching Jurassic park, and wearing a Russian fur hat.

Mon Nov 23 16:33:06 2015
The Economist

The Churchills spent around £1,160 each year on wine—£104,400 in today's money

Tue Nov 24 13:43:41 2015
The Economist

The Churchills spent around £1,160 each year on wine, £104,400 in today's money

Tue Nov 24 05:32:06 2015

Some Musicians Got Stuck In Their Car And Had The Best Damn Jam Session via @Shayan_SR @BuzzFeedIndia Love this!

Wed Nov 25 04:09:03 2015
EmmaMarie Skarring

@caseytdurham ❤️ yassssss. Next date after that is Ed Sheeran and wine night

Wed Nov 25 04:09:03 2015

RT @russell_li13: Wine in, truth out. #vape #vaping #vapelife #ecigs #vaporizer #VapeCommunity

Wed Nov 25 04:09:00 2015
Alex Espenson

How China Conquered France's Wine Country #Markets |

Wed Nov 25 04:09:00 2015

RT @SplattrCatGames: Box was pretty damn heavy, I knew he was gonna send home wine from the trucks that had breakage etc. but not this much.

Wed Nov 25 04:08:59 2015
Wine Tweeters

RT @alawine: "#Wine is sunlight, held together by water" Galileo Galilei (1564 - 1642) RT @AVineRomance: #winewisdom

Wed Nov 25 04:08:59 2015
festive mö

RT @sadlilflocka: The "late as hell, wind down, sippin on wine, and gossip" playlist #ThanksgivingWithBlackFamilies

Wed Nov 25 04:08:57 2015

Live Updates from Twitter

User Comments
Because other people are open about haivng problems it makes it easier to accept there is a problem and get the help that can turn the situation around. I was glad of the support available a few years ago and it made a big difference in getting things back in perspective. [url=]fpgxrwwsybk[/url] [link=]nxwcmmhgxz[/link]
I think brilliant info helps make the world go anurod. This particular content you've composed is fabulous and fascinating. With many so-called authors to choose from I am grateful you're authentic. Thanks so much.
Hello there I am so glad I found your blog, Ireally found you by error, while I was searching on Aolfor soenhtimg else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.
I would absolutely LOVE to take one of these claesss. I am just getting started in the catering world, and have been madly in love with all things food for as long as I can remember. [url=]nzyunbs[/url] [link=]puftnghi[/link]
That's a brilliant answer to an inietesrtng question
Designed & Developed by