TWC Leaf

Wine Tour India - A unique Blend of Hospitality & Knowledge

Updates From Facebook

Wine News
winenews_previous winenews_next

Constellation Sells its Wine Businesses

28 - dec - 10

A selling spree is taking the wine world by storm it seems. Constellation Brands has sold its wine businesses in Australia, the UK and South Africa to a private equity company in a deal worth A$290m.

According to a report, Sydney-based CHAMP Private Equity will buy 80% of Constellation Wines Australia and Europe (CWAE) for A$230m under the terms of the deal, including high-profile brands like Hardys and Kumala.

The price of the acquisition is in stark contrast to the A$1.9bn Constellation paid for the BRL Hardy wine business in 2003.

“The CWAE business sells quality wines from the important Australian appellation and has significant scale, but continues to be faced with challenging market conditions,” said Rob Sands, president and CEO of Constellation Brands.

“Therefore, the business is no longer consistent with Constellation’s strategy. We believe CHAMP has the requisite skills and motivation necessary for accelerating the success of the CWAE group.”

CHAMP managing director John Haddock said the company was “committed to supporting management in building a competitive and profitable business in the Australian and UK markets, and will invest to grow the business”.

Alexander William

Killed my laptop with a glass of wine last night. RIP little buddy :(

Wed Oct 07 19:29:10 2015

Join me in Napa, CA @LiveInVineyard for an all expenses paid weekend of music, food & wine! Enter to win at

Thu Oct 08 16:10:53 2015
Lisa Cimorelli

Imitating my dad sniffing his wine back in Portland..... It's pretty clear who the real pro is πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘“πŸ’ΌπŸ‘”πŸ·πŸ˜‚

Thu Oct 08 18:58:06 2015

Scandal, wine coolers and my bed will be my best friend tonight. πŸ˜ŠπŸ·πŸ“Ί

Thu Oct 08 23:34:22 2015
Kristen McG

#tastechile @drinkchile @omnihotels wine #7: root: 1 heritage red. Perfect for thanksgiving turkey and stuffing!

Thu Oct 08 23:34:21 2015
Petite Vanille

@CandaceB_ There better be sugar-free cookies and wine spritzers

Thu Oct 08 23:34:17 2015
Natalie Marie Clark

Just want wine and football

Thu Oct 08 23:34:16 2015

Is it bad that all I wanna do this weekend is drink wine & Netflix? Like thats it

Thu Oct 08 23:34:14 2015
David Dugan

The Tattooed Heretic of Wine and Whiskey, Richard Betts #drdaviddugan

Thu Oct 08 23:34:14 2015
butterfly hurricane

Due to Stoptober, I'm budgetting in relation to how much I would be spending on wine

Thu Oct 08 23:34:13 2015

Live Updates from Twitter

User Comments
Because other people are open about haivng problems it makes it easier to accept there is a problem and get the help that can turn the situation around. I was glad of the support available a few years ago and it made a big difference in getting things back in perspective. [url=]fpgxrwwsybk[/url] [link=]nxwcmmhgxz[/link]
I think brilliant info helps make the world go anurod. This particular content you've composed is fabulous and fascinating. With many so-called authors to choose from I am grateful you're authentic. Thanks so much.
Hello there I am so glad I found your blog, Ireally found you by error, while I was searching on Aolfor soenhtimg else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.
I would absolutely LOVE to take one of these claesss. I am just getting started in the catering world, and have been madly in love with all things food for as long as I can remember. [url=]nzyunbs[/url] [link=]puftnghi[/link]
That's a brilliant answer to an inietesrtng question
Designed & Developed by